Forgotten Your Password?

Need to Register?

Question Icon

Can I buy a fixer up with an FHA and use the funds for renovating?

by wortmanj298 from Huntsville, Arkansas. Nov 2nd 2020 Reply

Bert Carpenter (BertCarpenter)
#1 ranked lender in Arizona - 2,406 contributions

Probably. The FHA 203k allows for purchase of a new primary residence that needs repairs. The loan provides funds for the purchase and funds for the repairs/improvements. There are some restrictions, so you will want to use a Mortgage Broker that is familiar with the 203k process. We are, so give us a call. ~ Bert Carpenter, The LoansA2z Team of NEXA Mortgage ~ NMLS 40586 ~ At NEXA, we've got you covered. We are licensed in all states except VA and we're pending approval in MA and NY. ~ 480-889-9000.

Nov 2nd 2020
Brian French (bfrench)
#11 ranked lender in Arkansas - 58 contributions

Agreed. The type of 203K loan will depend on the extent of the repairs needed. I am a local lender in Hot Springs, AR. If you are interested in obtaining additional information, I can be reached at 501-701-4851 or

Nov 4th 2020
Subscribe to our news feed.